Find the Suit of your Dreams
If there’s one thing independent pattern companies care about, it’s that you feel good when you finish sewing a garment. There are so many talented designers out there, and they have some special patterns for the summertime—like swimwear!
Here’s a round-up of some of the Seamwork team’s favorite patterns for swimsuits to wear while you swim laps, lounge by the pool, hang out at the beach, and feel great as you soak up some sun in your handmade wardrobe.
1. The Bombshell from Closet Case Patterns is a pioneer, along with the two-piece Sophie.
2. The Seabright Swimmer from Friday Pattern Company is a brand new addition, and sure to be a classic.
3. The Beverly Twisted Bikini from Named Clothing is lined, with a unique twisted halterneck top. And their Ninni Culottes are the perfect pants to layer at the beach.
4. The Cottesloe Swimsuit by Megan Nielsen is one of our new favorites, and it’s available in her new curve sizes here, too.
5. The Ipswich Swimsuit by Cashmerette has two versions for color-blocking ideas, including a one-piece and a high-waisted bikini, plus options for underwires and boning!
6. The Soma Swimsuit by Papercut Patterns comes with three different variations to suit your style.
7. The Laminaria Swimsuit by Tuesday Stitches is a great one-piece option, with options for inset panels that were inspired by kelp!
Get Inspired for Swimwear
We worked with Jess at La Mercerie to snag all the fabric featured in the issue this month. She has a stylishly curated collection of swimwear fabric and notions in her shop, but it probably won’t last, so shop here quick.
This peek at a vintage swimsuit from the 1950s is some fun inspiration from the Seamwork archives. How would you feel about wearing that zipper in the water?
In issue no. 23 of Seamwork, Helen from Helen’s Closet shared her finished Reno and Dakota swimsuit. She also hosted a mini sewalong on her blog!