Welcome to the Let’s Sew a Cozy Knit Dress class! Here in the northern hemisphere, we’re heading into fall and what could be more cozy than a sweater dress?
Meet Devon! This comfy pattern features dropped shoulders and a generous turtleneck. Devon works with a wide variety of knit fabrics, but you’ll want to choose something with at least 25% stretch. Both the pattern and class are great for beginners, or as a quick and fun project for experienced sewists.
In this class you’ll learn:
- Some tips and resources for sewing knit muslins
- What fabrics to choose and how to achieve your perfect silhouette
- Each step to sew the Devon pattern, inlcuding the member bonus sleeve
- Plus, Sienna shares her process for making a muslin and her final Devon dress
Are you going sew Devon too? Connect with other Seamworkers sewing up Devon in the community.
Devon Knit Dress Sewalong
Here’s what you’ll need for this project:
- Devon pattern
- Medium weight knit fabric with at least 25% stretch
- All-purpose polyester sewing thread
- Ballpoint sewing machine needle
- 1/4 yard knit stay tape
- Optional: ballpoint twin needle
Here are some additional resources to help you make the most of this class:
Favorite online shops for knit fabrics: