Think about your favorite T-shirt or dress. How do you feel about the neckline? Necklines sit front and center on our bodies, so if your neckline is too high, too low, or you really prefer V-necks to crew necks, you might find yourself not wearing that garment as much as you’d like to. We’ll show you how to draft your dream neckline!
In this class, you’ll learn how to:
- Create gape-free necklines
- Draft a V, crew, scoop, and boat neckline
- Raise and lower the neckline on the pattern
- Draft facings or neckbands for woven or knit patterns
Need help? Check out the Community.
How to Raise, Lower, or Change the Neckline on a Pattern
In addition to your regular sewing kit, here’s what you’ll need for this class:
- Rulers: A clear ruler and curved rulers of your choice
- Flexible tape measure
- Pattern paper (a roll or large sheets)
- A sharp pencil and an eraser
- Clear tape
Have questions? Ask over in the Community.