Linux System Administrator (contract)
Colette Media is looking for a contract Linux sysadmin for an ongoing relationship.
What we need
We run a Ruby on rails application on a single virtual server. We are looking for someone to take over basic sysadmin duties. This is basically just:
- Configuration of services
- Troubleshooting performance, stability, or configuration issues as they arise
- Incident response in the event of outages
Who you are
We're open to working with individuals or contracting with an IT services company. You or your company will be perfect for this work if:
- You have experience running Ubuntu web servers running Rails applications
- You can be available on call in the event of an outage (extremely rare!)
- It would be nice if you are located in Oregon, but we’re open to working with someone elsewhere in the US
Technology we're using
You'll need to be familiar with (or able to quickly pick up) the following:
- Ubuntu Linux
- Passenger (via mod_passenger)
- Server monitoring via Sematext
Colette Media is the publisher of Seamwork, a membership site for women who love to sew. You can learn more about us on our web site.
How to apply
If you are interested in working with us, we’d like the following:
- A bit about yourself and the type of work you do
- Link to your web site
- Your hourly rate
Please email the above to email@example.com with the subject line "I want to work with Colette".
Benefits We Offer
A commitment to our team is one of our key foundations. We offer these benefits to our full time co-workers (many are also available to part time co-workers).
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Short-term disability insurance
- Quarterly gain-sharing bonus program
- 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO
Sign up for Hiring Alerts
Don’t see what you’re looking for?
Sign up for future listings and be the first to know.