This exfoliating mask is a little messier than most store-bought products, but it’s absolutely worth the trouble. It’s ridiculously simple to make, and makes skin look visibly brighter. It’s especially helpful for dry skin, or skin that doesn’t react well to gritty scrubs.
- One fresh pineapple
- ¼ cup water
- A clean blender
- A small bowl
- A paintbrush or silicon kitchen brush
NOTE: Don’t make the mask until you’re ready to use it—the fresher the puree, the more effective the mask. You can store any leftovers in the fridge for up to four days, but it will get weaker the longer it sits.
- Cut off about ¼ of the pineapple. Remove the skin and core. Cut the pineapple into cubes.
- Blend the pineapple until smooth, adding water if necessary.
- Standing over a sink, use your brush to stroke the puree onto your face. Avoid your eye area. Leave the puree on for 5-20 minutes. If your skin starts to itch, it’s time to wash off the mask. Don’t be tempted to leave the mask on for longer—you’ll end up with a red and tender face!
- You can store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days, but it will get weaker the longer it sits.