Let's Make Overalls!
Ready to make a wardrobe staple? Meet the Beckett overalls!
This pattern is rated Intermediate, but adventurous beginners are welcome! We assume that you’re not an absolute beginner and you have some experience cutting out fabric, finishing seams, and using your machine and tools. If you need extra help along the way, click the “Links” tab below the video player or hop onto the Community to post a question.
This project is the perfect blend of familiar, foundational sewing and skill building techniques, with the added fun of hardware! In this class Haley will guide you through each step to make the Beckett overalls.
In this class you’ll learn:
- How to choose fabric for your desired silhouette
- How to shorten or lengthen the inseam, tops, and/or the rise to achieve the best fit
- How to install grommets and jeans buttons
Beckett Overalls Sewalong
Here’s what you’ll need to for this project:
- The Beckett pattern
- Medium to heavyweight woven fabric
- All-purpose polyester sewing thread
- Sewing machine needle appropriate for your fabric
- 1/4 yard of lightweight fusible interfacing
- Two 3/4” grommets
- Six 3/4” buttons or jeans buttons
- Optional: topstitching thread and a needle
Here’s are some additional resources to help you make the most of this class: