Ollie Grocery Set
Personalize your shopping experience with the Ollie grocery set! In this sewalong, you’ll see each step from the instructions in action and get some extra tips to help you sew. Tip: keep the instructions nearby while you watch!
While this pattern is beginner-friendly, we assume that you’re not an absolute beginner and you have some experience cutting out fabric, finishing seams, and using your machine and tools. If you need extra help along the way, click the “Links” tab below the video player or hop onto the Community to post a question.
Need to reference just one section of the instructions? Click on the timestamps below!
Fabric and Supplies
Tote sewing instruction
- Sew side and bottom edges (01:04)
- Sew boxed corners (01:46)
- Hem tote opening (02:25)
- Assemble straps (02:51)
- Attach straps (03:40)
Drawstring bag sewing instruction
- Assemble bag body (04:51)
- Hem bag opening (06:11)
- Insert drawstring (06:36)
Let's Sew a Tote and Produce Bag
Here’s what you’ll need for this class:
- Tote: medium to heavyweight woven fabric such as canvas, denim, twill, or duck cloth.
- Drawstring Bags: Athletic mesh or lightweight woven fabric such as quilting cotton, broadcloth, chambray, and lawn.
Supplies and Notions:
- Ollie pattern
- All-purpose polyester sewing thread
- 2 yards of 1/4” (1.8 meters) cording (per drawstring bag)
- Small safety pin
- Optional: two cord stops (one per drawstring bag)
- Optional: Topstitching needle and thread (tote bag only)