Grapefruit and Mint Exfoliating Souffle
When the weather warms up, bare arms and legs reign. I love mixing up a handmade body scrub to make me feel ready for higher hemlines and sleeveless frocks. This recipe is a refreshing cocktail that is moisturizing and invigorating. It can easily be mixed up in a matter of minutes and stored in the refrigerator for up to two months. Use as a scrub in the shower or bath to polish away dry skin.
- ½ cup solid coconut oil
- ½ cup raw sugar
- Zest of 1 grapefruit
- 1 tablespoon grapefruit juice
- 10 drops peppermint oil
- 25 drops grapefruit oil
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon of beetroot powder for color
- Place the firm coconut oil and sugar into a medium size mixing bowl.
- Use a hand mixer on low speed to combine mixture until a thick paste has formed.
- Add the grapefruit zest, grapefruit juice, peppermint, and grapefruit oil to the mixture.
- Mix on low until thoroughly combined. Then turn the speed up to medium for approximately 30 seconds, or until mixture is well blended and fluffy in appearance.
- Store in an air-tight glass jar in the refrigerator for up to two months.