Blush is a lovely way to add color to your face. Whether worn alone to create a glow or accompanied by other cosmetics, blush adds a touch of radiance to your everyday look. This recipe uses hibiscus and beetroot powder to color the blush. Hibiscus powder adds a cool and vibrant pink hue, while beetroot powder offers a warm, rosy shade. Use this recipe as a starting point to create your own customized tint.
- Small bowl and spoon
- Small tin with lid
- Coffee grinder
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot powder
- Up to 3 Tablespoons hibiscus powder
- Up to 3 Tablespoons beetroot powder
- In a small bowl start with a base of 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder.
- Begin adding coloring agents such as hibiscus or beetroot powder 1 tablespoon at a time. Mix as you go to see the color and intensity of the product.
- When you have achieved your color of choice, empty the contents of bowl into coffee grinder. Pulse the mixture until you achieve a fine consistency.
- Test your product, checking to ensure you have achieved your desired color. If an adjustment is needed, add the desired coloring agent, then pulse in coffee grinder again.
- Store the blush in a small tin with a lid and use a soft bristled brush to apply.