We're looking for a Community Manager to help our growing community of over 19,000 members thrive. In this role, you'll build a community that helps Seamwork members reach their personal goals while creating meaningful relationships.
This is a full time remote position open to US residents.
Who We Are
We're Seamwork, and our purpose is to spread creativity.
We create resources that help people to sew their own clothing at home, including online classes, patterns, learning tools, and a vibrant community of over 19,000 members. We believe that the creativity that sewing brings to everyday life is a powerful force; it helps people relate positively to themselves, their bodies, and to the culture at large.
We are a passionate, energetic small team that values growth, compassion, and creative practice. Learn more on our careers page.
In this role, you'll not only continue building an already engaged community; you'll also be free to develop your own ideas for making that community even stronger. You'll also be a key link between our members and the rest of our team.
- Manage our online community: Participate in and lead discussions, engage with the active members, and answer questions in a way that promotes inclusion and trust.
- Host live online events: Plan topics and host monthly live discussions via zoom. Coordinate with the Marketing team to promote events and book guest speakers. Host events that allow your own personality to shine.
- Provide outstanding customer support: Answer comments and questions from all channels, including social media, chat support, and email. Help others in a way that is kind, compassionate, and responsive.
- Communicate feedback: Provide ongoing and constant feedback with the rest of the team on our customers' perspectives, so that we can continue to always make things better.
In the first six months of this position, your mission will be to:
- Design a program and schedule for our monthly live events for 2022-2023, including finding guests, developing topics, and collaborating on promotion.
- Design and build a large scale annual online event for 2023.
- Increase engagement in the community through new discussions, community rituals, events, and more. We want your ideas for connecting people!
Who We're looking for
We are looking for someone with the following skills and qualification:
- 2+ Years experience in a Community Manager or Customer Experience role.
- Familiarity with the home sewing industry and online sewing community.
- Strong written communication: You write clearly and concisely.
- Experience creating easy-to-understand reports and presentations.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Strong relationship-building and communication skills.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Experience using social media platforms, including Instagram and YouTube.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong sewing skills are a plus.
- Experience coordinating large online or in-person events is a plus.
In addition, we are looking for someone who is:
- Communicative: You continuously share and exchange information, seeking it from a variety of sources and disseminating it in a variety of ways.
- Assertive: You readily offer opinions and take action. You are willing to challenge others directly when required. You are skilled at managing conflict.
- Customer-oriented: You stay close to customers. You view things through the eyes of the customer and go out of your way to anticipate and meet customer needs.
- Team-oriented: Reaches out to peers. Overcomes “us and them”. Approachable. Leads peers to do what is best for the team.
This is a remote position, but our headquarters are located in inner NE Portland, Oregon.
How to apply
If you are interested in working with us, please submit your application here.
Benefits We Offer
A commitment to our team is one of our key foundations. We offer these benefits to our full time co-workers (many are also available to part time co-workers).
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Short-term disability insurance
- Quarterly gain-sharing bonus program
- 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO
Sign up for Hiring Alerts
Don’t see what you’re looking for?
Sign up for future listings and be the first to know.