Social Media Designer (contract)
Who we are
We're Seamwork, and our purpose is to spread creativity.
We create resources that help people to sew their own clothing at home, including online classes, patterns, learning tools, and a vibrant community of over 19,000 members. We believe that the creativity that sewing brings to everyday life is a powerful force; it helps people relate positively to themselves, their bodies, and to the culture at large.
We are a passionate, energetic small team that values growth, compassion, and creative practice. Learn more about us on our web site.
We are looking for a talented designer to create visually stunning motion graphics and ads for our social media channels to promote Seamwork’s beautiful sewing patterns and membership benefits. This is a part-time contract role for approximately 5-10 hours per week and will report to our in-house Graphic Designer. Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and creating weekly still and animated video ad creative for various Facebook ad campaigns
- Create engaging and visually dynamic reels for Instagram and Tiktok
- Meet with in-house Graphic Designer to discuss strategy for creative content
- Occasional short form copywriting
Who we're looking for
We are looking for someone with the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field
- 1 year of professional experience in a related role strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Canva and Adobe Creative Suite programs (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Premier Pro, and After Effects)
- Comfort with short-form copywriting
In addition, we are looking for someone who:
- Has the ability to follow Seamwork’s visual brand standards and implement them across various design assets
- Stays current on graphic design trends and industry standards
- Is self-motivated with strong attention to detail and an eye for design
- Is available to meet during the hours of 10:00am-5:00pm PST
Our headquarters are located in Portland, Oregon. This is a fully-remote opportunity and is open to anyone in the US.
How to apply
If you are interested in working with us, please fill out this application form to get started.
Benefits We Offer
A commitment to our team is one of our key foundations. We offer these benefits to our full time co-workers (many are also available to part time co-workers).
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Short-term disability insurance
- Quarterly gain-sharing bonus program
- 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO
Sign up for Hiring Alerts
Don’t see what you’re looking for?
Sign up for future listings and be the first to know.